When we moved into our new apartment I originally had envisioned long VELVET drapes in a deep jewel tone for the three windows in the living room.
Inspiration:
Ina Garten's Manhattan apartment. Silk, velvet, orange a-mazingness.
![]() |
| Link: hookedonhouses.net |
Pottery Barn eggplants.
![]() |
| Pottery Barn |
However, because we have 3 windows in a row, it would have called for a lot of curtain and would block all the gorgeous sunshine that floods the room during the day.
So this was my next inspiration:
Cafe Curtains.
Provides Privacy but also lets the light shine in! More Parisian chic than Country though.
Last night I just decided to experiment and yank my current curtains down to half-way.
I like the concept...
I just need to replace these with shorter, white, breezy curtains and it will look 19304039494 times better.
The view is pretty good too, I pretty much wanted to live in Manhattan for the cityscape, why cover it up ?
Thoughts? Are cafe curtains cheesy? Are my windows too ugly?
Its Cute, no? xx





No comments:
Post a Comment