Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

It's HUMID. That's why.

I am not a "summer person".

 I dislike the heat and sweating and *glistening* and humidity and all that is associated with this. I do like the spring warmth and the fall chill and I like being cozy inside when its freezing and snowing outside. 

Hair issues are big for me in the summer because my hair does not naturally dry straight or curly, but instead a weird semi-curly, wavy, straight on the top, frizz. It's AWESOME. 

I am also trying to grow some pesky side bangs out. FUN.

My friend told me she was going out to dinner and was worried about her hair frizzing due to the humidity.   So, I put together a tutorial for her on how to do my easy-peasy summer hair style.





Step 1: Take a section of hair at part line and start braid

Step 2: Add one section of hair from hair line to braid after one round of braiding

Step 3: Continue braiding and pin with a bobby pin above ear or just past it.

Ya done!

 I slept on my hair wet and I looked like I had brushed out a terrible perm, so I opted to throw it in a bun. That's basically the best part though, it looks good up or down, so versiiitile. 

Happy Weekend! Tell me what you do to deal with heat!

It's good no? xx



3 comments:

  1. Super cute hair! I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From MFAMB comment. Can not find where to email you directly."hahaha gridbutt. good call.

    i die for that living room with the cat pillows.(Yes that was darling!) i have been obsessing over a well worn faded rug like that. i want one that had been sufficiently trampled."

    I had a kind of older rug I was totally sick of the colors and needed faded softer look. Turned it upside down. Back side top and it is perfect for the look. So consider looking at the back sides of your tired rugs.

    Believe me the front side of my old rug was ugly tired and the back gorgeous soft colors.Hope it helps you find the perfect rug. And lets figure how to do those cat pillows. I just did couch covers in that off white from old Bates Bed spreads.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL LOL LOL Will this work for the cat pillow?? Safe Flicker link. Honest you will laugh.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50185661@N03/5899933840/in/photostream

    Ok and now I will leave you alone.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete